Monday, July 6, 2009

So What Am I Working On Right Now?


At the moment I am mostly doing DB-handling. Setting them up and bringing data from them into the game. I am not wasting any time at the moment to make the game look good, just coding and then I'll spice it up when all that is done. I have finished so that people can create an account, log in, create their clan and their heroes and then watch info about all this on different pages. Still a long way to go, but it is a lot more motivating when you see results like this and that is needed when it is such a nice weather outside. I must have looked like the ultimate geek when I had my PHP book with me on the beach the other day and my notes. :)


I am glad I have a friend, Daniel, that helps me. I think he has solved like ten coding problems already.


Although I have finished off most rules, charts and formulars for the game on paper first, then I still trying to figure out atleast one or two more things that people can do when they log in between turns. At the moment I have a quite a detailed craftingsystem that will keep some people occupied between rounds and for the players that are not into that I have duels in the pit, check the local market or go to the inn for mini games. And there will be a lot of stats of course to check between turns. But still I need a thing or two more I think.


I am thinking some sort of PvE where you lead your clan into a dungeon or something and manually decide what skills/spells they use every round. I am sure some people would find that fun and it is a nice way to check out spells and skills. But at the same time I don't want this to turn into a grind game where people think they need to go to that boring dungeon to level. I want the majority of experience and money to come from the big turns.


Well, I guess I'll sit down and see what I come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment