Thursday, July 9, 2009

Skill/Spell Programming

One of the things I feared the most when I started this project was the programming of skills and spells since I had so many with such different outcome. I once did an arena game back in the days in Visual Basic and it has been the base of this much larger project, but I didn't have skills in that game. To be honest, I quite frankly thought that I wouldn't be able to do it, but the last couple of days I have been working on it and with 90% finished without any problems, I am no longer in doubt. :)

So that is what I have been doing together with a lot of DB handling again. I have filled the item DB with all the starter-gear as an example. I have also finished a bunch of read in and show info on the site kind of programming.

I can for an example now set tactic, train, queue up for duels, select for a turn, check stats, check items on every hero in a clan. And in the Clan department I have finished so that I can see info about how many houses, resource gatherers and soldiers a clan have or on another page see what they have in their vault or in their resource/ingredient warehouses.

A lot of work done the last couple of days in other words and it is still a lot fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment